View Single Post
Old July 15, 2005, 09:45 PM   #12
NarcSgt

I would venture to say that two handed shooting is better than one, but I guess that can be argued. One thing is for sure, you should always plan for the unexpected and practice like you would fight. By that I mean you should prepare for the possibility in a gun fight that your strong hand will get hit and you will have to shoot weak hand unsupported. This is more than likely the hardest thing for any shooter to do, unless you are ambidextrous or you practice considerably.

Quote:
My NRA teacher taught me to use both hands. I tried single hand at a public range and the range master stopped me and told me to use two. I try and sneak it in every now and then but I still shoot better with a supporting hand.
I would venture to say that the range master was not particularly comfortable with your technique, not the fact that you were shooting one handed. He being a range master should have shown you what to do, not stop the event all together.

Quote:
Doesn't that give you away as a perfect target to a BG in the dark?
Wouldn't it be better to hold the flashlight are arms length away from you while handling your weapon with one hand. Let him shoot towards the light in the this case!
This has happened in some shootings where a bad guy shoots at officers and hits the officer, but there a extenuating circumstances here. The main idea here is that the light was on constant giving the BG’s eyes time to adjust and not be blinded. If you for instance are investigating a sound in your house at night and you are “clearing” your house, your light should not be on constantly. A light used correctly is a weapon in itself blinding a BG long enough you to get off a safe shot. With that being said use the light correctly and there is no need to hold the light at arms distance, use the leverage of the flashlight hand for a steadier shot.

Page generated in 0.02873 seconds with 8 queries