View Single Post
Old January 11, 2012, 06:54 PM   #22
kisley

Citadel 1911

Good afternoon/evening everyone. I wanted to share some info on the Citadel 1911 as it relates to my own experiences. I purchased one over two years ago and have been very happy with it. I own a 3.5" compact in blue. As some of you have mentioned the factory mags are not the greatest. I chose the Chip McCormick 7 round power mags and the pistol has not failed to feed a round of any kind since. I have been very impressed by the accuracy of this pistol. It shoots where I aim and has done so since the first round. I shoot everything from 230 grain FMJ to 185 grain personal defense rounds with no problems. My opinion is the Citadel is a good quality, entry level 1911 for carry. I have added a Kimber 20 LPI mainspring housing and Hogue wraparound grips for good purchase. I have also added an extended thumb safety and slide stop which both make the pistol more user friendly for my own taste. I also own a Springfield Government A1 model that has been smithed to my own preferences and I find the Citadel to be comparable. I would recomment that anyone looking for a 1911 pistol give one of these a good look.

Page generated in 0.03881 seconds with 8 queries