View Single Post
Old October 19, 2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Doublea A

Firearm Owners Becareful with Online Posting

Hello Fellow Enthusiast

As firearm owners, we should be very careful of what we post online i.e. Facebook, twitter, YouTube, etc.

I was watching a trial about a criminal case i.e., allegedly self-defense shooting. The lawyer was requesting a subpoena from the judge to be issue to Facebook, twitter etc. to obtain posting and comments to show a pattern of reputation or behavior. The lawyer went on to say that the person posting a UFC videos on his account indicated he may be a violent person

My concern is that as firearm enthusiasts we love to post and comment on firearm related issues and I'm worried that some of our postings can be used against us in self-defense situation. I for one don't have a Facebook or twitter account but I do have a YouTube account which I subscribe to other channels but have not posted any videos yet.

It will suck if you are involved in a legitimate self-defense shouting only for the overzealous prosecutor to find something through these medium to send you to jail. Remember emotions play a lot in trials even with clear evidence.

Am I paranoid?

Page generated in 0.02394 seconds with 8 queries