Thread: AMT firearms
View Single Post
Old September 18, 2008, 06:25 PM   #2
Sevens

Have you been on Gunbroker recently? Harry Sanford's son is selling a number of odd/rare AMT items and has been over the last month or more. Each item has a bunch of pictures and pretty decent description. Even if you aren't in the market for spending a lot of dough, they are very interesting auctions to read.

Myself, I have an AMT Hardballer Longslide .45. It's been very good to me. You'll find on this site and similar discussion forums (THR, 1911, etc) these guns don't garner very good reviews. Most folks that bother to talk about them cuss them up one side and down the other. It's a shame, IMO, not only because I actually have one and shoot it every single time I get to the range (which is about once a month on average), but also because of the different things that Harry Sanford brought to the world of firearms.

If you enter "AMT" in to the search engine here you'll find a few of my posts with regards to my Longslide. I'm fond of it, but I don't kid myself in to thinking it's more than it really is. It's not one of the better 1911's in the history of the platform, but it sure has been a damn fine shooter for a lot of years and an awful lot of rounds. These days, I only feed it what I build for it, 200 grain LSWC. It's a good pistol and there's really nothing else quite like it out there.

Page generated in 0.02247 seconds with 8 queries