View Single Post
Old November 6, 2008, 06:30 PM   #95
David Armstrong

Quote:
I would doubt that assessment. From what I can find, the qualifier for NYPD is a 50 round course of fire, although that info is kind of sketchy. What isn't sketchy is that once out of the Academy, an officer has to only qualify twice a year with his or her duty weapon, and there is no mandatory training.
Which still puts them ahead of most gunowners, including CCW holders. I note you try to support your position by using IDPA shooters as a base source of info, but that is quite misleading, as you would agree, I hope, that IDPA shooters do not represent most gun owners, including CCW holders. If that were true IDPA would have a lot more members.
Quote:
I would be willing to go so far as to wager that during their entire time in the Academy and their first year on the job, the average (key point) NYPD officer will fire maybe 500-1000 rounds.
The average officer will have at least 80 hours of training and will fire at least 1000 rounds, unless my info is in error. Not many CCW folks are going to get 80 hours of training or shoot more than 1000 rounds in their life, according to all the info I've found over the years. In fact, I'd suggest the norm for CCW holders is closer to 0 rounds a year than 50 rounds a year, and no training outside of what is required to get and keep their CCW.

Page generated in 0.02371 seconds with 8 queries