View Single Post
Old October 14, 2012, 11:13 PM   #51
shortwave

Quote:
But the laws of no State can be considered a license to kill. If you intentionally hurt or kill another person, even in what you claim is self defense, you have prima facie committed a crime unless/until it can be established that your act of violence was justified.
This is the reason,and it never fails, when someone pipes in on one of these types of threads and posts, " I'm from (name your state) and here, if you come in my house I'm gonna (again,fill in the rest).... it just makes you cringe.

I'm not trying to offend anyone but it never seems to fail that something like this is said.

I was in Fla. visiting some relation which is in LE. We went to a friend of relatives apartment to pick friend up and I was commenting on how secure the apartment complex seemed as we walked into the apartment parking lot to leave.
Relatives friend says "that it is a very secure complex and since the new castle doctrine, many don't even lock their car doors since it was legal to shoot someone if you catch them in your car. Let alone your apartment."
Relation responded to his buddy that "he better get an understanding of the law cause he(relative) would hate to have to come out and arrest him(friend) for murder.

On the way to the restaurant, my relation took the opportunity to explain the Fla. castle doctrine law in detail to his friend.

So again, since this is very serious business, worth repeating:

Quote:
But the laws of no State can be considered a license to kill. If you intentionally hurt or kill another person, even in what you claim is self defense, you have prima facie committed a crime unless/until it can be established that your act of violence was justified.
Know your states laws!

Last edited by shortwave; October 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.02905 seconds with 8 queries