View Single Post
Old April 28, 1999, 04:53 AM   #11
David Schmidbauer
Retired Screen Name

Schantz >Leupold Mark 4 M3 10X40mm. Bullet drop compensation would be a must.<

My turn for a question.

Given that we are talking Snip... Precision Rifle Scope and the M3 is set for a specific projectial (Match .308) and the availability of different .308 ammo (all with different BCs, trajectories)(i.e. .308 Linked MG for DOD and numerous comercial loads, to include those hot .308s that give almost 30-06) performance) wouldn't the M1 be a better choice?

What I've done is zeroed mine for 300 yards using Match ammo (this is the card I have most memorized) and have made up cards for two other types of projectials (hunting rounds). If I change rounds I just "click" to my new zero setting and work from there with the new card.

Having never "worked" with a M3 and not knowing how the knobs are marked I chose the M1 for this reason. The M3 seemed "kind of" limited in that it was cammed for a specific projectial. Not a problem until you start shooting at longer ranges with the trajectories start to come into play. With the M1 if you can get a hold of other rounds you can make up cards and have precise Clickage.

Just my $.02

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Page generated in 0.02561 seconds with 8 queries