View Single Post
Old December 8, 2009, 09:05 PM   #30
Mello2u

Quote:
StratoCactus

Sorry Glenn, you haven't convinced me, nor are you likely to. I haven't any doubt you're better prepared than I. But my equipment gives me exactly the level of preparedness I want given the risk I face and the inconvenience I am willing to accept.
The statement in bold text reiterates what I have posted before in threads concerning this question of "what to carry for self-defense".

From reading these threads and talking to people, it boils down to personal choice.

It is a matter of each individual's perception of risk (not actual) versus level of convenience. Each individual has factors which go into how they perceive risk. Each individual has their level of tolerance for carrying "stuff" which, as the amount increases, can exceed their comfort level. The tolerance for carrying stuff can change for an individual too.

It does not matter that someone might get into a situation where they need a flashlight to identify a target or an innocent, or need more ammo or need a more powerful weapon; by that time they have made their choice.

In the photo below, I am carrying a Colt Delta Elite in an IWB holster, a gun belt, a spare magazine, a Surefire, a watch, a cell phone (in shirt pocket), a wallet, my keys, and over a dollar in change. I'm 5'10" 185 pounds and do not find it inconvenient.

" Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.04699 seconds with 8 queries