Thread: Interduction
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2006, 10:11 PM   #23
Kelly J

leftoverdj

The crimp on the rounds appear to be good solid crimps, and acording to Dillon the crimp die is a combination die, which to explain what I was told on the phone when I call Dillon to verify the style of crimp thinking I did not have a Roll Crimp, The description is as follows: the die is a combination crimp die it will crimp a taper crimp which allows the round to locate properly on the case mouth for auto pistol rounds, but if you increase the depth of the crimp die it will make a roll crimp. When I first got my dies (EBAY Purchase) the crimp die apeared to be worn out in that the crimp left a flat above the crimp (Bullet side), so I called Dillon and they sent me a replacement die, so the die in the machine now is a new die. So where does that leave us?

What info do you need for me to supply to you to analyze this situation to a reasonable conclusion, Case Dimentions length, Dia. before and after Sizing, Bullet Dia. Weight Length, depth of crimp groove, what ever you want I will try to provide!

Page generated in 0.03136 seconds with 8 queries