View Single Post
Old April 28, 2007, 11:42 AM   #3
Smokey Joe

"best" projectile

Dannyboy303--What is "best" in one rifle is not necessarily "best" in another--even the same model with consecutive serial numbers!

There are bullets that are generally good in most rifles, but some rifles just won't shoot those bullets accurately.

This is why reloading is as much art as science.

What must be done is what you have done--buy & try a number of different bullets until you hit on one or more that your own rifle "likes," i.e. shoots with acceptable accuracy. The bullet must be suited to your purposes, for example you wouldn't use a target (non-expanding) bullet for hunting, but question #1 is, does my rifle like this bullet.

With regard to the Sierra GK bullets--you may be loading them wrong but I doubt it--seating them further from or closer to the lands will enhance accuracy, but won't make accuracy out of
Quote:
Sierra they shoot like crap in my rifle.
With regard to the Nosler Ballistic Tips--if they suit your purposes otherwise, and you are satisfied with their accuracy, I'd say your search is over. BTW, FWIW, the Nosler Ballistic Tips are working very well for me, accuracy-wise, in 3 different rifles. Nice bullet.

--Smokey Joe

Page generated in 0.03404 seconds with 8 queries