View Single Post
Old December 4, 2013, 08:02 PM   #9
8MM Mauser

Quote:
I would comment that decades ago I was like you, passing on great deals and selling guns to get by.

Today though as I approach retirement, the opposite is true. I have guns that decades ago, I would not even have ventured to think about. Like my 44 Automag, the Sig 210's a Registered Magnum. All of these were impossible dreams years, decades ago and yet today I have them all and more.

Bide your time, save your money and start a bucket list of guns you really want. I know I have gone through two safe clearings getting rid of guns I thought I wanted only to realize I was being manipulated by dogma and advertising. Now I get what I want, collect what makes me happy (even if it is mostly stuff from before WWII) and I love it.
Sound advice friend. I look forward to the days I will be able to afford to expand my collection, which is pretty bare bones right now, not quite filling all my desires, let alone my wild dreams of owning a Wilson Combat 1911 for example. It's a mixed bag of course, I feel like I will look fondly on the days that my little girl was only two and my collection just barely fulfilled the roles I needed it to. It stretches your thought process to cover more needs on a limited budget.

That said. I really want that Hi-Power. I suspect it was forged with my hands in mind...

But hey, assuming our salespeople get off their butts and sell about $1,000,000 worth of copiers this month, I will be getting a bonus this Winter which should tick off at least one more box.

If you are at all curious, I do have a list of what I want in the future, I have split it into "function" and "fun sections:

Function:
Have:
Rifle: Sport Mauser
Defense shotgun: Mossberg 500
.22 Pistol: Ruger MKII

Need:
Carbine: Colt le6920
Pistol: Glock 19/ SIG P226/ Walther PPQ/ or HK USP (depends on cash available and a head-to-head-to-head-to-head shooting of all four at the same time.
Magnum Revolver: Ruger Redhawk, also probably a GP100 later
.22 Rifle: Henry H001 OR Ruger 10/22 (Or both)
CC Gun: Ruger SP101 or S&W 642 OR maybe a Glock 19 (G19 might fill two spots in the "function" category)

Fun guns that I would like and WANT to buy, but are secondary ideas:
Springfield 03
Krag-Jorgenson
Garand
Springfield trapdoor
Original Mauser in good condition
.357 chambered lever gun
.44 Chambered levergun
.45-70 chambered levergun
A Luger
A S&W 29 classic
A Ruger Vaquero
an HK45 w/ silencer
Browning Citori
Browning BLR in .30-06
Browning Hi-Power
Ruger SR1911
Wilson 1911
CZ-75B/SP-01
A Side-by-side shotgun
A Ruger NO.1 with a Mannlicher style stock
A 9MM carbine - likely AR style
A Kentucky rifle in .50
A blackpower revolver- Probably a Remington 1858
A Sako rifle

More???

Basically, these are guns which appeal to me either from having handled them, shot them and/or just knowing about them. I have never fired a blackpowder revolver, for example, but I love history and would love to get my hands on one.

Perhaps I am ambitious, and I suspect my list will change and evolve over time, but these are what I want.

Page generated in 0.02855 seconds with 8 queries