View Single Post
Old October 6, 2010, 07:10 PM   #102
JimL

Quote:
If you have to draw your weapon, use it.
Sorry but I think that is too simplistic. I would totally agree if you said, if you draw your gun be completely of a state of mind _to_ use it. And I intend that to mean within milliseconds if necessary and if unnecessary, not at all.

"It all depends." Firstly, your "method" means you MUST be a very fast draw, because you would be leaving your gun holstered until the very last split second. If the BG happens to be a faster draw you're duck soup. I'll draw early and keep my trigger finger ready to go, thereby being probably seconds ahead of the curve.

Secondly, your public statement clearly says that you always shoot to kill. An attorney against you will make much of your "vicious killer attitude" to the jury. And I mean that not as truth but as simply factual points about what vicious killer lawyers will say and do in court. Making a case for "shooting to stop" is much more defensible. They are professional word twisters without a modicum of concern for actual true facts.

PLEASE NOTE!!

I am not even coming close to saying you should never shoot instantly or never shoot to kill. So please don't accuse me of that. But there _are_ degrees of necessity and logic in all situations. I'm only saying you shouldn't _always_ wait to draw/kill, because it can invite disaster by killing time instead of killing BGs. I'm saying always draw instantly and beat the clock. Then decide "shoot or not" during the draw, based on conditions.

I don't know your personal habits, but there are some who would declare that this post attacks them and get all vicious about it. Disagreeing without being disagreeable is something of an art. Grasping that is even more of an art.

JimL

Page generated in 0.02616 seconds with 8 queries