View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 11:16 AM   #8
tgreening

I have mixed feelings about the rifle round debate. I guess it all depends on what you want it to do. Personally I intend to have a 9mm AR. Ammo is cheap, and at least around here readily available, and I feel more than capable of getting the job done at ranges I would use it. If its use is as a PDW then 9mm would be fine (IMO). Ranges necessitating a 5.56/.223 could hardly be defended as "personal defense" under normal circumstances. Plus I would be able to get a whole bunch more range time with it as outdoor rifle ranges around here are slim and most indoor ranges do not allow rifle calibers bigger than .22.

Of course it's easier for me to say all this because I already have an AR in 5.56 flavor, though it was my 2nd choice at the time. I waited too long on the 9mm and they sold out (pre Madness).

The last one I saw sold at my LGS was sold post-Madness, and it went for just shy of $2,500, which was slightly more than double the one I missed out on, which was a Colt variety with the Magpul kit.

When crap settles down I'll probably just build it with what parts I have, plus an upper I've yet to source.

Page generated in 0.03006 seconds with 8 queries