View Single Post
Old April 23, 2006, 09:06 PM   #26
Kiel_Everett

Xavier, here is the story copied and pasted from the link marlboroman provided. Its not much info, but it provides a little bit more than the video does. If the officer knew who the man was (a wanted felon) shouldn't he have conducted a felony-type stop? I am not sure how that works, maybe a LEO could chime in? I ask/state this because as Xavier mentioned, the officer did make an effort for the passenger only. Oh sorry, got ahead of myself, heres the story:

"A Texas police officer sustained minor injuries after scuffling with a suspect in an incident that was captured by the officer's dashboard camera.

Officer Russell May's in-car camera was rolling when he responded to a disturbance call. The videotape shows him approaching the passenger side of a car and asking the people inside to get out. That's when a man jumps out and attacks the officer.

The beating goes on for several minutes before a Good Samaritan steps in to help and calm the suspect. Witnesses also called 911 for help.

May suffered minor injuries but returned to service the same day. The suspect, Joshua Jones, is a three-time felon wanted in Colorado. He remains jailed and faces additional charges of assault on a peace officer."

Page generated in 0.03795 seconds with 8 queries