View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013, 12:14 PM   #21
Bart B.

Rimfire5, Sierra Bullets has been using off the shelf full length sizing dies on their fired cases testing their stuff for accuracy since the 1950's. I doubt anyone shoots their stuff any more accurate than they do. . .with any type of reloading stuff. They use standard Redding full bushing dies on cases such dies are made for, standard dies for the others. Their best match bullets shoot into 1/4 MOA at 200 yards just like the benchresters get with their custom dies. And using match barrels with standard SAAMI spec chambers (or equivalents thereof) without tight necks. RCBS also make the same type of die and are just as good.

I and others have got several dozen reloads per .308 Win. case full length sizing them every time. Just adust the die so the shoulder's set back no more than 2 thousandths and have its neck diameter about 2 thousandths smaller than a loaded round's neck. It help a little if the die doesn't size the body diameters down more than 2 to 3 thousandths, too. Benchresters like their full length sized case body diameters to go only about 1 thousandth smaller than fired ones, but I don't think that's important unless your biggest groups are no larger than 1/10th MOA at any range.

Page generated in 0.03791 seconds with 8 queries