View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 08:32 AM   #11
F. Guffey

“When I say "cleaned it all out" I used brake cleaner on everything and got every single part spotless and pristine”

Brake clean, in my opinion, is a bad habit, I want something between the metal and the atmosphere, what ever was between the metal and atmosphere is gone after using brake clean, I know, looks nice, it is clean and spotless, I had rather have the finish that was between the metal and atmosphere, and as has been mentioned, brake clean is not an ‘all friendly cleaner to all materials.

Again, I have two complete Piggy Back 11 presses, one set up for large primers and the other with small primers. I do not have a problem with the presses. One, in the big inning was just a Piggy Back without the lock out, then RCBS made me an offer to up grade the Piggy Back to a Piggy Back 11.

For the price? The Piggy Back type press is a 5 position press, I will not load on a progressive press without a lock out die, a 4 position press must seat and crimp on the same position if a lock out die ( or powder die) is used. The shell plate for the Piggy Back 11 press is the same shell plate used on the Pro 2000 press.

F. Guffey

And I clean my dies with a towel on a dowel, again, what ever finish is on the outside of my dies stays on the die, I am the fan of the ‘leaver policy’ I leaver the way I founder.

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 8 queries