View Single Post
Old January 13, 2013, 01:34 AM   #27
btmj

Quote:
My understanding is that they barely took the time to sit down. The NRA was there to hear what Biden had to say, and having done that, they threw down the gauntlet.

They are taking a harder line than they did in 1993, and I'm glad to see it happening.
yep I agree. I think in 93 they did not realize how much grass-roots power they had, but in the 94 elections, they found out.

Politicians respond to 3 things (1) their principles, and don't laugh. There are actually very few politicians who have no agenda at all, most have some core principles they try to uphold. (2) the carrot, meaning campaign contribution, campaign volunteers, and favorable publicity. The NRA can provide this, especially with the voting guides and ratings. (3) The stick, which is angry voters. The NRA is the most effective lobbying organization today because it wields a very effective stick. The NRA can motivate/rally negative angry voters in a highly effective way. In truth, we motivate ourselves, but the politicians see it as the NRA.

I am really glad they are hanging tough. I think the only legislation that stands even a remote chance of passing is a ban on future sales of large magazines. I suppose that requiring all private sales to go through an NICS check is also possible.

Page generated in 0.04061 seconds with 8 queries