View Single Post
Old July 3, 2012, 10:16 AM   #25
snuffy

Quote:
I have yet to have a primer ignite or anything major like that but since I load with cast boolits the tumbler actually removes a lot of the lube from the bullet and leading occurs.
What kealil is talking about is the thin coating that clings to the front driving band of most lead boolits that are loaded with that driving band exposed. Tumbling them would most certainly remove that lube. It's the first part of the boolit to encounter the rifling, some lube there, albeit very little, will aid in preventing leading.

Sizing any lead boolit in a lubrisizer will result in some lube being deposited on the driving bands both top and bottom. It can't be stopped, in fact it is desirable. The star sizer is different, but it too will have a small amount of lube on the driving bands.

As for the tumbling live ammo debate goes, it winds up being about 50/50. Those that are convinced it will cause damage to the powder, and those that know it doesn't hurt a thing.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.03721 seconds with 8 queries