View Single Post
Old December 14, 2001, 07:06 PM   #12
twix

Good News

My buddy coughed up the money today, so I will pick up the Turkey next week. Only catch is, he wants me to keep it at my house until he gets a long gun safe so he can slip it by the spousal unit (he just got an 11-87 SC nickel plated about three weeks ago). No problem on my end. Next up: choke tubes! It looks like that 21" turkey comes with an extended extra full choke. This I probably won't use much, but after playing with the aforementioned 11-87, I really liked those extended tubes that you can screw in by hand. Briley has them for about $35, an extra $5 if you want them black (which seems a little backward). Any opinions on extended versus flush? Briley vs whomever? I was thinking maybe a skeet, imp cyl and mod to start. BTW, that super magnum looked interesting. Could probably survive a direct hit from a "bunker bomb". My shooting for now consists of one or two "stick in the ground type" throwers at another buddy's house. We don't have room for any real long shots or incomers, but we can throw about 45 degree crossers. A real treat is to go to the fancy gun club once in awhile for a round of sporting clays. If I get a chance I will use it for a local"three gun" type IPSC match, too. And Dave, yup, I need to do alot of bangin' on the ivories before I worry about getting any fancy Grand Piano!

Page generated in 0.02837 seconds with 8 queries