View Single Post
Old April 27, 2012, 06:34 PM   #37
Nnobby45

I know, this may not go over to well, BUT.

Seems like we're always very quick to jump on people who have gun accidents.

Yes, some are so stupid as to defy logic and deserve criticism. But when you mix millions of guns and millions of people who, even if they were all reasonably intelligent, you still would have accidents. Same with anything else with inherent dangers.

Someone just like us can have a gun accident. And we do. Cops, Federal officers, citizens, hunters, military.

I wouldn't call Bill Jordan a bozo, but a "stupid" incident killed a colleague and ended his career as a gun writer. He didn't obey rule 1, 3, and 4. I might suggest that each and every one of us has violated the rules more than once.
And there's no excuse for violating the rules.

There's no excuse for a gun accident, and they happen, and there's no excuse and they happen.

This fellow was at least in a gun safety course. Personally I know many good instructors who would have made gun handling protocol quite clear to his students while he was in or out of the room. Don't know what happened in this case as to the student violating instructions or not been properly instructed in the first place.

Instructor: "I was out of the room" translation, "it wasn't my fault".

Student: "I did something stupid" translation "I accept responsibility".
Instructors have responsibilities, also.

I suspect that if he takes the course again, he'll be the safest student in the class.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Last edited by Nnobby45; April 27, 2012 at 06:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.03355 seconds with 8 queries