View Single Post
Old October 7, 2009, 01:35 PM   #4
FrontSight

Thanks Scorch! These are not my recepies, but ones I have come across on the internet. I am still learning a lot, and have a couple of books coming to me on this stuff..

I should have mentioned that both of these recepies do call for freezing or refridgerating after the smoking, tho.

I have read (and seen) that lots of people (for thousands of years) have made dried meats without nitrites (mostly sausages, but also cappicuollo & proscuitto), but only under the perfect conditions, found mostly in Mediteranian areas...my family comes form Italy, so I've seen that done lots of times but I was never involved in the process myself before this weekend.

I can tell that you obviously have a lot of knowledge on this stuff...would you mind taking a look at the sausage thread I put up and offering me any tips you might have?

I'm using the slow fermentation process with the T-SPX culture, fermented for 2 days at 70 degrees & 70 - 80% humidity & I just moved them into the cooler last night...I'm hoping they come out ok, but could sure use any advice you have!

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=379217

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.03771 seconds with 8 queries