View Single Post
Old December 26, 2007, 08:16 PM   #3
AK103K

If your not used to it, IWB takes a little "break in" time, and what your breaking in is you.

The tee shirt is the way to go, regardless of what your holster is made of, but especially if its leather.

It will probably take a week or two of constant wear to start to get used to it. You'll also tend to tire of it quickly at first, but thats natural. Pick a spot that seems comfortable and natural to you and go from there. You may have to tweak it a little as you go on, but you'll see what starts to work and feel right to you pretty quick. Personally, I like mine at about 3:30 or so, just behind the hip bone, as it hides in that little nook under your ribs and you arm hangs naturally there which aids in hiding and protecting your shooter.

I wear my normal pants size. You dont usually need to go up a size or two, but some like to. I find that my pants will feel snug initially, and then I dont notice them after a few minutes. The gun moves around less, as the pants help keep everything in place, where with looser pants, you'll tend to feel a little slop and movement as you move, or at least I do.

IWB is really the most concealable way to carry your gun, and especially larger guns. Although it may not feel real comfortable at first, once you get used to it, you probably wont want to carry any other way, and you'll only notice it when the gun "isnt" there.

Page generated in 0.02905 seconds with 8 queries