View Single Post
Old March 4, 2013, 02:50 PM   #81
I'vebeenduped

Vanya, thank you for the correction. I should have been more clear. Yes, militarized is what I meant to write.

"Odd, because LEO in my area HIRE a union to represent them politically and fund the union to do so with a considerable amount of financial support dedicated to political activity. On every last battle for CCW, mag restrictions, AWB, etc., the LEO unions, hired and funded solely by law enforcement officers as their representatives, are anti-gun. In most cases the keystone of the anti-gun campaign is some anti-gun quote by a police chief or LEO union. The union dues of LEOs in my area are wiping out any number of phone calls and letter writing they can claim."
johnwilliams makes a pretty good point here. I don't know if LEO unions have been completely anti-gun, but I can't think of any instances to the contrary.

So, I've written my letters. I've signed my petitions. What else are we to do here? When I was in the military, a platoon sergeant had a saying that I was quite fond of. I cannot remember it verbatim but it went something like; complaining to complain is just complaining (I don't think I can write the real word here), but complaining with a solution is the first step to resolution.

Page generated in 0.02737 seconds with 8 queries