View Single Post
Old October 17, 2005, 10:05 AM   #31
DimitriS

Yes I know I actually thought that since the crossbow I was using was shooting arrows that were 1.5 times the lenght or so and aluminum then the little light weight carbon bolts the other hunters were using I thought it would retain enough impact energy compared to the other crossbows (they are both shot at about 20fps difference too). Since a hunter in my group said that the crossbows that they all bought were ok to shot up to 50 yards or so I thought about it and took the shot.

To be quite honest I went deer hunting 3 weekends in a row for my first time and this was my 3rd weekend and the first time I was told by my friend who is older (read: much older) to sit at a spot at the edge of the feild and at about 6:15 to 6:30 the deer will pass. He was right the doe did pass at 6:35 but because there were 2 trails along the feild one at 90 yards and the other at 20yards (this one is much more heavily used they always pretty much pass through here execpt on really rare ocassions) from where I sat so I could see them both without moving. And it was the first deer I ever saw with my own 2 eyes that wasnt in a zoo or something so I got hyper (I guess) and stomped up close to it and took the shot

So I guess he paraticly gave me the shot to do on my own I just had to pick how to locate myself and I seemed to have messed up on that

PS It was raining quite abit and most of this part of the feild is swamp so that made it worse too as the deer ran in the swampy area instead of going the direction it was heading too where it was much more dry.

Dimitri

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 8 queries