View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013, 07:30 AM   #9
chaim

I'm a huge fan of my SIG P290RS. Small and easily concealed, can be pocketed, 100% reliable thus far, comfortable to shoot despite its small size, and much more accurate than any gun this size has a right to be. The one near universal comment I hear from people who own one is that it performs like a larger gun (some say, like a full-size). It does have a long and heavy DAO trigger, but it is butter smooth and if you shoot revolvers you will probably like the trigger (I love it). I like it so much that this revolver guy has left his snubs at home every time he's carried and the P290 has sat in its IWB or pocket holster ever since I put enough rounds through it to be comfortable with it. I am seriously considering selling my Kel Tec Pf-9, Ruger LCP, and even my S&W 442 because I just don't see them getting much use now that I have the P290.

Someone mentioned the Bersa Thunder. It isn't a 9mm and would be another .380 for you, but you mainly are mentioning reliability issues as your main motivations to replace your Walther. If you can feel comfortable enough with .380 (you do mention concerns) it might be a good option for you. Form factor is very close to the PPK, it is easy to conceal, most people who own them report terrific reliability (mine was quite reliable, I sold it for other reasons), and they are very inexpensive. You could get the gun, some practice ammo, and some good leather for it for about the price of just the gun for most other options.

Page generated in 0.02672 seconds with 8 queries