View Single Post
Old January 5, 2012, 11:43 PM   #7
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrangelo
Im moving from PR to CO and i have some firearms that i plan to bring with me in the "checked bags" but some other i need to send to me by Mail. Someone told me today that i NOT need a FFL dealer to send and receive my firearm from ME to ME, this is very hard for me because i hear all of my life that i need an FFL dealer to send a firearm thru USPS Mail.

Thanks in advance for all help and information :-)
Under Federal law, you are allowed to ship firearms to yourself directly, without going through an FFL. To satisfy the law, YOU must pack the firearms, YOU must take them to the shipper and send them on their way, and only YOU may open the package(s) at the receiving end. If they will arrive before you, you can send them in care of a third party, but that person must understand that he/she may NOT open the packages.

If the firearms are rifles or shotguns, you can send them by mail. If they are handguns, you may NOT use the mail, you must ship by common carrier (FedEx, UPS, DHL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneounceload
So what if it is diverted? Not a big deal
Oh, yes -- a VERY big deal.

Google Greg Revell. Here's a start: http://wyblog.us/blog/news/meet-vict...-gun-laws.html

Page generated in 0.02460 seconds with 8 queries