Thread: Primer Tool???
View Single Post
Old January 25, 2002, 11:37 AM   #7
Bogie

My choices for priming tools...

Sinclair - VERY precise, very expensive, great feel (uses Lee primer shellholders) single feeder

K&M - built like a tank, will last a lifetime, nice feel (ditto) single feeder

Lee hand held autoprime - Built less tank-like, and you have to occasionally dab a little lube on the innards' wear points, but it is fast to use, with a pretty nice feel (doh...) tray holds maybe 200 primers - altho the manuals sez that you'll put your eye out...

FWIW, I commonly see the above at benchrest matches. We're picky about the way the priming tools "feel" when you seat 'em...

I've heard a few good things about the Hornady primers.

I think I've seen ONE RCBS primer tool at a match... They aren't common.

If I'm loading handgun, or "blasting" ammo, I use my Lees... If I'm loading for accuracy, I use my K&M or my antique that is set up for my 6BR with the .308 head and the small primer pocket (that tool is similar to the Sinclair).

My recommendations: Get a Lee, and take care of it, and when it wears out after a few cases of primers, replace the innards for $3, and don't worry about it.

And making the world's greatest bottle openers!

Page generated in 0.02103 seconds with 8 queries