View Single Post
Old July 7, 2012, 11:51 PM   #22
misterE

We've been over 100 for 2 weeks now in Arkansas. I frame houses for a living. Also no rain for 25 days straight. But that's supposed to change tomorrow finally and next week looks like highs in the mid 90's. Now that will feel like air conditioning.

The thing that always gets me is how people will try to tell me there is not that much difference between 100 and 110. They have obviously never worked 8 hours in it. When it's 100 for the high, that means at 9 am it's about 85. When it's 110 for a high, at 9 am it's already at least 95. The prolonged exposure to high heat is what kills. We have been lucky enough to have water hooked up already at the jobs we've been on lately. There's nothing like getting your head under the water hose ever so often.

Another cool thing about the job we were on last week is that it was in the country, and we had permission from the homeowner to shoot guns. I have an old model 42 Winchester shotgun I've been thinking about buying, and I got to shoot it a couple of mornings when I got to the job site at 6 am. No neighbors for at least a quarter mile. Feel kind of sorry for anyone trying to make a living selling fireworks in these parts over the 4 th. burn ban, firework ban big time because of how dry it is

Page generated in 0.02439 seconds with 8 queries