View Single Post
Old May 23, 2008, 02:41 PM   #31
Slamfire

I called Gardner Bender and got them to send me a MSDS on their wire pulling lube. Sometimes the MSDS will give you clues as to what is inside a product. Got three different ones, all fairly worthless.

The only useful information from the Poly Gel and Yellow Wire Pulling lube was that they were 97% and 95% water.

With that much water, I am certain if it dries out on a steel surface, you run a certain risk of rust.

Super Slick had a note about "contains polysiloxane".

Went to Home Depot and Lowes, was unable to find GB. Found that Home Depot now carries Ideal Wiring pulling lube.

I purchased the Yellow 77 version. I found the MSDS http://www.idealindustries.com/media...ow_77_msds.pdf and this stuff is mostly water and wax.

I bought a bottle at Home Depot and found that it is about worthless as a case lubricant.

I tried small base sizing 308 cases. When the stuff is wet, you can size a case. But it takes effort. Once it dries, and it dries quick, well I was afraid of having a stuck case. In comparison it was almost effortless sizing with RCBS water soluble lube. Well not quite effortless, but it was orders of magnitude easier than sizing a wet case with Ideal Yellow 77 wiring pulling lubricant.

Page generated in 0.04019 seconds with 8 queries