View Single Post
Old September 12, 2011, 05:30 PM   #12
Stressfire

Quote:
They do random searches in the NYC subway system these days. So anyone could get stopped. You don't need to look suspicious.
Sounds like a Fourth Amendment issue to me, I regularly carry one of these clipped onto my front right pocket or back pocket and have never had a problem with any LEO nor been questioned about it. I have been asked by bouncers to let them look at it - they always ask where I got it (grip on mine is a lot prettier than the one pictured)

Ohio has a very very grey area where knives are concerned - pretty much if its not a switchblade, balisong, or ballistic blade - there is nothing that I am aware of making a folding blade illegal to carry, however, there is a "deadly ordnance" law and knives count. I am fairly certain an Ohio CCW covers bladed weapons as well, but I still need to actually check on that, all the literature from the AG & Sheriff refers to firearms.

Quote:
ยง ORC2923.12. Carrying concealed weapons.

(A) No person shall knowingly carry or have, concealed on the person's person or concealed ready at hand, any of the following:
(1) A deadly weapon other than a handgun;
(2) A handgun other than a dangerous ordnance;
(3) A dangerous ordnance.
But that is open to interpretation.

Page generated in 0.03017 seconds with 8 queries