View Single Post
Old August 9, 1999, 11:39 AM   #19
Jessica Wellman

Boing and Dennis you are too funny.

Thanks everyone for your support. I think it was 3am before I finally dozed off. I couldn't stop thinking. I was too excited to sleep. I always thought driving my Trans Am fast was exciting….ha!

Ewok you are right about the shotgun. I don't think I'll be firing it again anytime soon. There was really not much strategy, that I noticed. Aim it down low and blow stuff away. (In the process leave a bruise on your hip). I enjoyed the Carbine and the .45 much better. It wasn't my instructor's fault that I shot the gun. I went there with the attitude, "if it takes a bullet, I want to fire it." He warned me that it was going to kick, but I insisted. It is my fault that I now have a mark to show for it. Would I do it again? OH HELL YES ….

Darthmaum, it is nice to have a fellow woman shooter on TFL. You know how it can be living in a "man's world." No matter how much they insist that it's ok for us to shoot, sometimes they can be reluctant to show us. I'm finding that out with my inquiries into Law Enforcement. Rob told me, "no one will take you serious until you get out there and do it."
Ok Rob, I'm doing it.

A photo shoot Same Shot? That would have been a sight and a half. I mentioned above that it rained. What I didn't mention was the MUD. My shoes were getting so heavy I could barely lift them. It was a funny sight. In addition to that, it started to rain again while we were out. I was soaked from head to toe and had mud everywhere. If someone had taken my photo, I would have shot them.

Someone mentioned the expense of shooting. Isn't that the truth? $650 for a scope on a Savage 110 FP Sniper. Geeeze! Not to mention the cost of the ammo and that 1911 Colt I'd like to have. I'm going to start saving more pennies. My problem is deciding what I want. I want to shoot them all again before I decide. There wasn't much doubt in anyone's mind yesterday, I need the Carmine or something very close to it. Deciding on a side arm is my biggest decision. The guys held up the 9mm and the Colt and were saying, "Volkswagen or Cadillac? Volkswagen or Cadillac?

I just want one that will be accurate for me. It doesn't really matter how much a gun costs, if you can't shoot it with accuracy. True? Decisions…decisions. I found out there was an indoor range 10 minutes from me. I was under the impression that there was only one around which was quite a drive. I was so excited to find out this newest bit of information. I can't wait to go.

My brother-in-law saved my paper plate from the Carbine. He told me to take it to my husband and show him. Stupid me, I went off and left it behind!! He called me after I returned home to inform me that I had left my Carbine paper plate target.

When he called he asked for Calamity Jane. LOL LOL
Calamity Jane, I am not, but I had a blast guys and that's no lie.

Still on Cloud nine,
J

Page generated in 0.02788 seconds with 8 queries