View Single Post
Old May 7, 2010, 11:46 AM   #9
.357SIG

Like I said...just technicality. I don't want you to think you have to do it "my way", but since you asked...

My only real concern is to do with the training aspect, as that is not a reliable "feature" of your gun to count on when it matters. I will throw my own bump in the road out there to "ram it home", so to speak.

At the range, I used to load each magazine with 3 rounds to practice reloading. Over enough time, it became natural to dump the mag after those 3 rounds were fired, and much later on, when I loaded a FULL mag, I dumped it on more than one occasion after only 3 rounds. I NEVER count rounds, just fire until dry, but somehow, my brain knew when to dump it without even thinking about it.

What did this teach me? You will ALWAYS fall back on your training and muscle memory. I knew full well that my mag was full, but dumped it anyway. Now, I change up the # of rounds in the mags to keep me from "remembering" when to dump it out. The problem has been fixed.

With that in mind, you are likely going to rely on that automatic release of the slide as second nature. When it doesn't happen, you will freeze up for a second, then you're gonna actually have to think about what happened and remedy the situation, all the while being attacked by a person, wild animal, bigfoot, or whatever.

Page generated in 0.03853 seconds with 8 queries