View Single Post
Old January 13, 2011, 09:12 PM   #1
Bender711

P7 vs p2000 for CCW

I just sent off my CCL application a few day ago and I am now looking for a carry gun. Right now my top to options are the p7 and the p2000 by H&K. I found a hard chromed p7 online for $760 plus shipping and transfer fee. My other option is a p2000 for $700 plus tax and transfer fee. I have fired a p7 before and rather enjoyed it (amazing trigger). I have not fired a p2000 before and never tried the LEM trigger before. I did get to fondle a p2k at the last gun show and the grip was one of the best I have ever felt.

For magazines it looks like the p2000 ones cost at most half as much as the p7 ones. And there seem to be more holster options for the p2000. The p2000 is lighter but does it lose this advantage when fully loaded (13+1 vs 8+1)? Generally I don't think about these things much but my FFL seems to be worried about another standard cap magazine ban and is pushing me toward the double stack gun. But then again the P7's aren't getting any more common either.

What are your opinions on these two guns? does anyone have pics of them side by side since I am in Florida and not very large (5'11" 160#'s. ) so concealment is an issue.

On a side note I am considering the Glock 19 as a dark horse. A gen 4 Glock 19 with a 22 conversion costs about the same as the HK's.

Page generated in 0.03818 seconds with 8 queries