View Single Post
Old March 3, 2013, 09:56 PM   #18
bedbugbilly

I bought a Heritage RR - 4 3/4" barrel - LR a year ago - BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO USE MY VINTAGE RUGER SUPER BEARCAT as a knock around pistol. I've been very satisfied with it - shot great right out of the box and it is always in my range bag. It's certainly not a Colt or a Ruger - but then there is a "lemon" every once in a while with any brand. For the price - I think they are a great value. I treat my guns well but if this one gets some wear on the finish, I'm not going to worry about it. A lot of folks can't afford what Ruger is getting now for their Single Sixes, Bearcats, etc. I've put well over 1,000 rounds through mine without a glitch and the more I shoot it, the more I like it.

Some folks will find fault or knock anything that isn't their favorite brand - the RR offers a cheap and inexpensive way to have a "plinker" and a good trail or woods gun. I love the traditional grooved frame sight as I'm used to shooting SA revolvers without fancy sights. It takes practice but you will "learn your SA" and how it shoots and where it shoots. Congrats on your new gun - and have fun shooting it! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02527 seconds with 8 queries