View Single Post
Old November 20, 2007, 03:13 AM   #2
jbadams66

I cant remember how many times I read how winchester and remington should bring out a 338 short mag. Now Ruger has stepped up and done what alot of people ask for and all I read is people complain that it isnt exactly what they wanted.

Ruger just came out with the 375 case last year. Give it time, I am sure there will be a 338 ruger based on the full length case. People complained that ruger should have started thier line with a 338 or 416 on the new case. If they had done that people would say ruger "dropped the ball" and should have started the line out with a 375.

Be patient or just make a 338 ruger. It would be cheap to ream out a 338 win mag and there are several die makers that have dies already available. You would have just what you want with brass that should be readily available.

I just dont understand why people bite the hand that feeds them when they dont get exactly what they want. How much do you want to bet that when ruger brings out a full length 300 and 338 case people will say that the market is already flooded and the new rounds dont really do anything that the old standards dont already do. I think the 338 RCM will find its place in the market if the velocity claims are true and ruger and hornady have brought out a cartridge that can use a 20" barrel to match standard 338 winchester rounds from a 24" barrel.

Page generated in 0.02328 seconds with 8 queries