View Single Post
Old June 20, 2012, 10:47 AM   #3
Achilles11B

Two options I recommend:

1) If you're looking to use the magnifier to do the job of a scope, sell the EOTech and look around for a good variable power scope. There's tons out there, and of course the good people of this forum will be more than happy to offer assistance if needed.

A magnified red-dot isn't a scope. It comes close, but a 3 MOA red dot doesn't quite match up with a well-defined reticle.

2) If you are using the EOTech as your primary sight and want the magnifier for the occasional semi-long-ish distance shot, get the EOTech magnifier. There are other less expensive options out there, but the EOTech magnifier is designed to work perfectly with...wait for it...EOTech sights. I love mine, the glass is surprisingly good, and the mount is sturdy but flipping back and forth isn't a chore. Other manufacturers may or may not have their sights designed to work with EOTech or anyone else, so there could be significant differences in height between the EOTech and other manufacturers' magnifiers. I imagine it would be unpleasant to pay $X00 and find out that the magnifier doesn't align right with your sight.

Page generated in 0.03667 seconds with 8 queries