View Single Post
Old February 3, 2014, 11:02 AM   #1
NavyChief

Update on my Jack O'Connor Custom Tribute rifle

Just in case anyone is interested and would like an update on the issues with my JOC Custom Tribute rifle, here it is: Just got off the phone with Winchester and talked to "Dave". He said it is likely that the stock has changed shape and possibly shrank from the time it was produced and the time I purchased it. He said the stock should be able to be corrected but woodwork is normally very labor intensive and I can expect to wait about 2 months for the stock to be finished. Although I do hate the 2 month wait, this does give me hope that I will be able to keep the stock I paid for and it will arrive back in the condition befitting a Custom Tribute rifle, particularly one with Jack O'Connor's name on it, literally. I'll call back in a month and try to get an update. He also said that Winchester will be mailing me a service number and some particulars regarding the work they are doing and the schedule expected for delivery. I told him that I was a little more than uncomfortable having to send a stock via UPS and all I had for any receipt was the UPS pick up label they emailed me. He assured me that this is perfectly normal and that is why I will be receiving the service number, etc. Updates to follow......

Page generated in 0.02394 seconds with 8 queries