View Single Post
Old February 22, 2014, 05:23 AM   #18
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
...print out the free test target and try it at 50ft.

3 Standing
3 Sitting
3 Prone
I poked around the link you provided and found a 10yd promo target ( http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.p...0;attach=12552 ). That works well for my indoor airgun "range" which tops out at about 10 meters. So I spent some time today playing around with a couple of the 10yd promo targets and one of my airguns to see if my shooting was up to the challenge.

I scored a 39 on the first one I shot and a 40 on the second one and both of those scores fall in the range that the commentary on the promo target suggests is acceptable accuracy.

That gives me some level of confidence that I am in the right neighborhood when it comes to pure accuracy necessary to achieve the standard. Looks like about 4MOA is what's required in that department.

So my questions are:

1. How much of the actual event challenge is based on reloading and other concerns that are more or less peripheral to the most basic issue of hitting what you aim at with a rifle?

2. Would they let me shoot the sitting/kneeling course of fire from the offhand position? My knees don't tolerate either the kneeling or sitting positions well. All things considered, I think I can shoot better standing. I shot offhand on the promo/test targets and it didn't seem to be a handicap.

3. Do they force the use of a sling? I'm not particularly comfortable with a sling, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to attach a sling to the particular rifle I intend to use for the challenge. I shot the promo targets without a sling and seemed to do ok.

Page generated in 0.03650 seconds with 8 queries