View Single Post
Old August 12, 2010, 06:42 AM   #8
Magnum Wheel Man

A couple more pics of holster "developement" OBTW... thats my gun with the "new" old red S&W grips installed

this was my original template I cut from the 25 auto holster ( made 2 changes to this pattern, one can be seen writen with the sharpie in the pic )... this pic is for Aarond & shows the gun in the holster with the cylinder "window"

actually this is now just a scrap of leather that happens to be in the shape of a holster... I was trying ( for the 1st time last night ) a Mexican Basket Weave with some white waxed thread...( I'll be using black leather lace when its finally assembled ) it's pretty tough to keep things uniform with the irregular shape of the outside of the holster, but I think this will look nice with thicker black lace, if I can get a couple more practices in on scraps like this 1st

... I'm still having some issues with the aluminum stiffener for above the cylinder window ( I think maybe it's too thick )... MRS MAGNUM suggested that I add another layer of leather or two at the seam at the top, which would put some outward pressure on the leather... that may be enough to hold the top of the holster open, keeping the "window" from locking onto the cylinder ??? I was also playing with a piece of galvanized steel hardware cloth last night that would be easier to sew into place, but might not have enough ridgity ???

any other suggestions ???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Guns 363.jpg (58.9 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Guns 362.jpg (57.6 KB, 711 views)

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; August 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.02479 seconds with 9 queries