Thread: Pepper spray
View Single Post
Old September 16, 2005, 03:03 PM   #42
wayneinFL

Quote:
our CCWs really hanging by one or two bad incidents, those of you carrying 30+ bullets REALLY think that even in a worst case gang-jumping scenario that you're going to be shooting a full magazine, reloading and shooting another magazine!
90% of the arguments against carrying a spare mag are for jams.

Quote:
As far as the jams, again you're missing the point. I don't carry a POS for a gun nor do I load POS ammo. My odds of needing deadly force are probably 1 in a million. But, since it's very important, I do carry. The odds of my gun failing once at any given time are probably 1 in 10,000. Failure twice in a row is probably 1 in 50,000. The odds of my gun failing AT THE SAME TIME AS I GET ATTACKED are so remote that I never consider it.
No. I know you don't carry a POS, but the best auto in the world will fail if you obstruct the movement of the slide, or fire with an incorrect grip. Chances of jamming durting a fight are so remote it can't happen? If you ever have a jam it will be while a couple of guys are beating the snot out of you. You are more likely to be shooting while being knocked off balance, shooting falling, shooting lying on the ground, or firing from a retention position and smacking the slide against your vest.

My $.02 worth.

Page generated in 0.04020 seconds with 8 queries