View Single Post
Old March 22, 2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Texson

J P Sauer 24 gauge shotgun

My stepfather passed away about 20 years ago and my mother gave me a shotgun of his. For years it has been under my bed and recently I pulled it out to see if I could idenify what it actually is as far as gauge, age and worth. I took it to a local gunshop and after a few calls he found out it was a 24 gauge.

There is very little writing on it, only JB Sauer and Son. At the breech it has 12,4 mm. There is also a stamp that looks like a B with a crown on top of it. Also there seems to be a picture of an eagle but it is hard to see the details. It is a single shot, has both a front sight and rear sight. The release for the breech is a lever under the trigger.

It is in very good condition as far as wear and sloppiness is concerned, but the bluing and stock show its age.I know this is not much information, but it is all that I have. If anyone can add to it I would be grateful.By the way the gunshop offered me $200.00 for it, but before I sell it I want a little more information about it. If I am in the wrong forum I apologize. I have looked on the net for information but can find nothing.

I now have some pictures if I can learn how to attach them. I really appreciate the ones that have responed to my questions. I am new at this and learning the peoper procedure to post.

BTW, this is a great forum, thanks for your help,
Texson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JBS.JPG (213.4 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0003.JPG (121.2 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0011.JPG (95.9 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by Texson; March 24, 2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: New Pictures

Page generated in 0.03783 seconds with 9 queries