View Single Post
Old October 24, 2006, 12:09 PM   #4
Smokey Joe

.303 Br loading

Ry-guy--Agree best results are gotten with neck sizing, but as noted, the Enfields are notorious for stretching cases. Therefore, after neck-sizing but before proceeding further with the reloading, check to be sure the cases will chamber in the rifle in question. If cases chamber OK, then proceed. But if they don't chamber easily, you need to FL resize the cases before proceeding.

And so what if the Enfields are hard on cases?? You'll still get 2 or more uses out of each case, rather than only one use if you do not handload!

One helpful thing: to aid in headspacing each rifle, the Enfield bolt head unscrews, and there were--I believe--4 different length bolt heads that were made for them. If yr rifle is really stretching cases, try the next longer bolt head. I'd look to Numrich Arms to have the parts. www.e-gunparts.com

Edited to add: Years and years ago I hunted with a couple of brothers who both had Enfields, and both reloaded using a simple Lee Loader. They had very little problem with cases stretching excessively--Must have had the correct bolt head attached.

--Smokey Joe

Last edited by Smokey Joe; October 24, 2006 at 11:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.02117 seconds with 8 queries