View Single Post
Old April 5, 2013, 06:56 AM   #16
GeoP

Quote:
Frankly, I think you are all worked up about nothing, unless you believe that DC Police Spies are infiltrating your apartment or house.
I think that is not good advice at all. In DC there is a reward system for reporting any possible crime having to do with guns. Also 99% of the people here would be freaked out by the idea of one.

People carrying their registered cased long guns from their door to the trunk of their car find themselves surrounded by cops here on occasion.

I don't think you would say "worked up about nothing" if you followed the type of prosecutions that have occurred. The DC council, when voting possessing ammo without a licence as a crime discussed it being an add on
. It was supposed to be there to add aggravating circumstances and higher penalties if you had a gun and ammunition.
Despite that we have had decorated combat veterans with a half dozen of rounds inadvertently in a backpack and no gun, sentenced to prison here in the past couple of years.

If you think, by any stretch that the police and and the (federal) prosecutors in DC will give you break because you are not a gang-banger, you would be dead wrong. Don't dot one "i" or cross one "t" here and you go to prison.

So no offense but dont lecture me on on "worked up over nothing." I don't live on a farm. I live next to the people who work for Fienstien, Schumer and Brady. If my kid sees me cleaning a weapon at home and mentions it to the Code Pink soccer mom in our car pool I could have the cops at my door in a second. I live in the kind of place that makes the story of the 12 year old on facebook legally holding a rifle and seeing his family home SWAT raided look like small potatoes.

I am not going to risk my wife going to prison for a single round of ammo in the trunk.

As far as the NJ law the two different type of non-carry documents do afford some kind of mitigation of legal jeopardy. For example I know that with a FOID you can buy ammo.So possessing an FOID and owning no gun does give some additional rights and protections. I am just trying to parse it precisely

Page generated in 0.03830 seconds with 8 queries