View Single Post
Old November 18, 2012, 09:29 AM   #24
rodfac

Drail, good post #10...habit patterns can get you in trouble...don't ask my why I know....

Nate, good post on the four basic rules for gun safety...I'll repeat them here...they're worth a 2nd look.

Quote:
RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
Unclenick, your points from Cooper's lecture presentation are worth repeating too.

Quote:
I remember in the course of his class safety lecture Cooper checked his gun's condition probably a dozen times. Any time a gun was both out of his sight and out of his hand, he considered an opportunity for "gremlins" to make a change in its condition. So he checked his gun's condition again when he next handled it. Even after merely holstering it, if his hand hadn't stayed on the grip frame, when he took it out again, if it wasn't a presentation for a shot, he re-checked the chamber before doing anything else. That's the important habit to cultivate, as it keeps you safe whether the condition of the gun is as you expect or it isn't.
Best Regards, Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Page generated in 0.02389 seconds with 8 queries