Thread: gunbroker.com
View Single Post
Old October 3, 2012, 03:59 PM   #4
BigJimP

No, I've never used them....

but I do know ....there is some fraud on there/and other popular sites...where guys have paid for and never received a gun ...( and I don't know if its 0.01 % or 10% ) ....but the website guarantees you nothing. They do try and keep the fraud out ...but its very hard for them to tell who's legit and who's not....

I have an acquaintance that got burned on GunBroker ...and a couple of guys that got burned on gunsamerica...

a yr or so ago ....gunbroker had a seller listing a Wilson Combat 1911 for sale...good record on feedback etc....but I checked the serial number he gave me with Wilson - and they had no record of ever mfging that gun.../ that particular seller would show up, with that gun, for a week or so at a time...then disappear....and show up again...

Now there are legitimate dealers on gunbroker...a used gun store in my area uses them to get a bigger market for unusual or high value guns he's selling ...so if the seller has a real brick and mortar operation somewhere, you can call get more info - maybe more photos of the gun / maybe even a return policy ...then I would say you were probably ok. But a private seller on an internet webpage...no way ....

Page generated in 0.03389 seconds with 8 queries