View Single Post
Old December 17, 2009, 01:41 PM   #11
Ronbert

I heard a rather chilling evasion-needed call a few weeks ago. It was a relatively lightly travelled part of the interstate in the early morning.
Caller reported being followed and harassed even including taking an exit then getting back onto the interstate.

Caller was reporting this to State Patrol dispatch who was relaying to units that were very, very far away from the location and pretty much had no chance of arriving before something bad happened.

I was thinking that if it were me, my next move would be exit, re-enter the interstate then (if traffic permitted - and it easily could on that stretch at that time of day), swing around and drive the wrong way back to the exit ramp just taken..... just to see how serious this follower REALLY is. If they follow thru THAT maneuver then it would be full-on combat evasion with the events documented on the tape at dispatch. (and could justify use of deadly force if contact were made)

Never, never, ever stop to see what it is they want. You won't like it.
Oh, and be sure and don't let your tank go below 1/2. Having to stop for gas while being followed would be highly inconvenient :-)

(Ultimately the two vehicles separated without the followee getting the plate number of the harasser.)

Page generated in 0.03542 seconds with 8 queries