View Single Post
Old February 6, 2014, 02:38 PM   #10
bedbugbilly

Smart boy!

I was amused by the story . . . 50 + years ago my Dad took us shooting with a friend and he took his Hi Standard "Sport King" along - the friend had a 22 revolver. Dad had MAYBE shot the Sport King once and he really wasn't an accomplished pistol shooter. It kept jamming and then jamming more - feeding problems. I remember we were all frustrated! My Dad's friend let me shoot his revolver and pretty much taught me all of the safety to go with it. The Sport King resided in my Dad's sock drawer for the next 30 + years - after my Dad's death, I took it as my brother doesn't like pistols. Nothing had changed . . it still was a "problem gun" and I quickly traded it off on a .22 revolver (the Sport King had no sentimental value at all). I doubt if that old Sport King had more than a box of shells run through it . . the revolver I traded it for has had probably 50 boxes through it. There's just something about a good "wheel gun" . . . . :roll eyes:

I love hearing about Dad's taking their kids shooting. You are creating some really nice memories for them that they'll treasure years from now. Not every child is so fortunate! My Dad has been gone for twenty years and I still miss him . . . but those memories of doing things with him sure help to put a smile on my face.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02076 seconds with 8 queries