View Single Post
Old October 10, 2008, 02:52 PM   #8
Bitmap

I would suggest the following:

1. A centerfire rifle. It should be a general purpose rifle for the most part. Capable of taking reasonable sized game and being useful for defense. Your situation will determine the type of rifle and caliber.

2. A centerfire handgun for defense. As powerful as you can use in a size and weight you can carry. Your situation will determine type and caliber. The guy in northern Idaho probably won't need the same type and caliber as the guy in Miami.

3. A .22LR. Can be a handgun or a rifle, depending on circumstances. Great for practice and small game.

4. A shotgun. Great for small game and birds, and keeping critters away from your chickens and out of your garden. Can be used for defense and big game. Your circumstances will dictate the gauge and type. The guy that lives where there are ducks but no quail probably won't pick the same gun as the guy that lives where there are quail but no ducks.

If I were adding a fifth choice I would be torn between the smaller defense handgun mentioned above and having 2 rifles with one aimed towards defense and the other aimed towards hunting (pun intended) or maybe having two that were identical or at least similar in operation.

Page generated in 0.03683 seconds with 8 queries