View Single Post
Old May 19, 2007, 12:19 PM   #1
Namerifrats

500 S&W Load Question

This is for anybody here that loads for the 500 S&W. I'm planning to do my first reloads for it today. I want to do 20 loads because I only have 20 pieces of empty brass at the moment, all once fired that were factory loads. I have both Hornady and Corbon brass. Mostly Hornady brass, all of it has the R for Large Rifle Primer. I have CCI Large Rifle Primers, and I have a pound of Lil' Gun and a pound of H110 powder. I'm using Rainer Leadsafe 335 Grain flat point bullets. I'll tumble my brass shortly and will hopefully be able to load them this evening. I have the load data that came with the Lee Dies, and I have the Hodgdon's 2007 Annual Manual Reloading Guide. I also have the Modern Reloading manual by Lee on it's way. The other reloading manuals I have found do not include 500 S&W data. I'm trying to find some reliable load data for the components I have listed, looking to make a medium target load to test out tommrow. The Hodgdon Manual has data for 325 and 350 gr bullets but not 335. I read on Rainer's site that their bullets would work with load data for cast lead bullets.

Page generated in 0.02289 seconds with 8 queries