View Single Post
Old February 5, 2014, 10:26 AM   #11
wayneinFL

Quote:
On this topic... if this operation will be based in your home, and it's located in an area that's zoned Single Family Residential or something like that, all is not necessarily lost.
True. The ATF wanted to see an occupational license from the county. I'm zoned residential and the tax collector's office gave me a hard time. They wouldn't issue a occ. license without a FFL. The ATF actually gave them a call and straightened it out for me.

Quote:
You can't make much on internet sales due to too much competition with those who can buy for much less, and doing business from your home will soon become tiresome, as well as being a security risk when word gets around you keep "lots" of gune there, (whether it's true or not)
I had no idea how expensive new guns were wholesale. And it's hard to make money selling used guns, because you don't have people coming to you with used guns, as you would in a store. If you're buying everything at the same price you see on the Internet, and selling everything at the same price you see on the Internet, obviously, it's difficult to make money.

Guns shows can be a good way of getting a few contacts. But at $70 a table, you're probably not going to make much, since you're competing with high volume dealers.

I keep saying I'm going to get my FFL again... If I do, it'll be for primarily for transfers. The local shop is $40 a transfer.

Page generated in 0.02415 seconds with 8 queries